I am in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I schedule new patient appointments for 50-70 minutes and ongoing psychotherapy appointments are typically 50 minutes long.
The full fee for a 50 minutes session is $160 which is due at each session. I have a limited number of sliding-scale slots, and thus am able to offer a reduced fee depending on your circumstances and ability to pay. Please inquire about the availability of a sliding scale slot during our phone consultation appointment if this applies to you. The sliding scale fee will be renegotiated if your circumstances change during the course of therapy work.
I currently accept cash, personal check, and credit card. Payment is due at the beginning of session.
I charge my full rate for missed appointments or less than 24-hour notice for cancellations.
I do not bill insurance companies directly and am not on any insurance panels, and am therefore an "out-of-network" provider. PPO insurance plans may reimburse anywhere from 40 to 80% of fees for out-of-network providers. Your insurance card will usually have a phone number you can contact to inquire about your benefits for out-of-network therapists. On a monthly basis, I will provide you with a detailed invoice that can be used to submit to your insurance.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- What are the rates for in-network and out-of-network providers?
- Do I need authorization prior to my first session with an out-of-network provider?